Monday 11 June 2012

Who could/should go?

Well its been an age since I last posted mainly because nothing at all is going on really because of the Euros. I could go into some post about how RVP had a shocker and SZCZ got sent off and how Podolski was but it seems rather irrelavent. So instead I thought I'd do a post that was quite popular last year. Who should go?

Well coincidentally the first person that I'm going to talk about apparent is 'keen' to leave Arsenal to join an Italian team and that defender is Johan Djourou. I have never really rated him to be honest, he always seems clumbersome and doesn't really know where he should be. His clearances also leave something to be desired. I can understand that Djourou wants to play football more regularly, hes still young-ish at 25 and he wants to move to something new. The reported 10m Euros seems a bit high to me not that I'm complaining, also I think Djourou's aim of a top 5 Italian team may be a bit ambitious.

Another defender who I think we could see depart is Squillaci, at 31 this could be his last move and he is well out of favour with manager and fans alike. Yes he's had injury problems and his early performances were OK but he's gone rapidly downhill. The only issue with him is that his age may inhibit possible deals. I can't see him leaving however. I think we need some new younger defenders to step in when needed.

It terms of current midfielders I'm happy but would like to see a few more players brought in to give us something a bit different, I think we've been a bit too predictable this season. That said with Denilsons loan coming to an end I think he's one we could really do with seeing the back of, I never rated him and don't think a one year loan spell will have made much difference.

Talking of players returning from loans, in the striking department we have the worlds greatest striker returning and I'm sure we'd all be happy to see him depart. A permanent deal would be best for all involved. Chamakh is one that I think is the most obvious to leave and I think he will, he's been so poor recently and I think a fresh start would be best for him. I can't see Park leaving for some reason despite having little impact mainly because he hasn't been played.

So that's a little shortlist of people who I think we could see leaving. I'll be back soon with players who I'd like to see (mainly those who have been rumoured), till then take care.