Friday 2 November 2012

Manchester United (A)

I didn't actually think I'd have time to do this post but due an unforeseen change of plans I do so here it is. I don't need to remind any of you, about the mauling we suffered at Old Trafford last season, it's one that we will all have to hear about for some time from annoying, London-based Man United fans which makes up about 95% of their fan base, but there is no doubt that turning up tomorrow and turning it on would certainly help.

I think overall the side that we're taking there this season, is stronger than the side we put out last season obviously with the notable exception of a certain Dutch striker. Whether this side will be enough for us to turn around our quite frankly terrible record up there is another question all together. That said United I don't think are playing well at all this season, they're annoyingly grinding out results but they aren't doing it convincingly. That said, neither are we, but I just get the feeling that if the side that played Southampton or West Ham turns up we have a slight chance.

The team that we will field looks to be similar to that which took on QPR last weekend, with the exception of Gervinho who is now injured. Wilshere and Sagna should retain their places and that is encouraging as I thought both of them played well. Watching Wilshere link up with Cazorla and Arteta was very encouraging and I thought they both looked sharper. I have been saying all season that Walcott should start on the right and I still think he should start. Ramsey clearly doesn't enjoy playing the wing, nor is his style suited for wing play so it seems stupid to me to play him ahead of Walcott who is obviously lightening fast and can take on players. My real worry this weekend is Santos who will have to on his ball to deal with Valencia and Rafael who will be charging forward. I'm hoping Poldi and others will give him the support he will need.

United look set to start basically the same team as that which beat Chelsea last weekend. With that in mind obviously we need to watch RvP who make no mistake, will celebrate is he scores and quite frankly I couldn't care what our supporters chant about him. It would make my weekend if we injured him, it really would. It would also make my weekend if we beat them. With United's defence leaking goals all over the place I do think we'll score I just don't have the faith in our defence to keep them out.

This is a game I absolutely dread because even before last season I worry about us getting embarrassed, lets hope tomorrow we'll do the embarrassing. COYG!

Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal