Thursday 30 June 2011

Sky Sources: Man City close to signing Nasri and Clichy

I was going to write today about an Arsenal source talking about us signing Cahill and I will touch on that in a bit. But I'm starting with the news that Man City are closing in on signing Samir Nasri and Gael clichy. This story has literally just been broadcast on SSN. The report suggests they are going to offer £20m and to be totally honest if its true we should take it. You must remember this is player who is on the last year of his contract and is stalling over a new deal due to money. If he is motivated by money then he is certainly going to the right place with Shake man-I'm-a-spoilt-rich-cunt-suer throwing money at things to please himself. But as many people have stated including myself, he had a good 6 month spell and we all got a bit caught up in Nasri fever, but really he hasn't shown that he is a tried and tested performer. To top that off we'll also make a cool profit on him.



When I look at Nasri now I see a player who has 1) let success get to his head and 2) has let his agent convince him he really is that good. The term money talks is a certainly true when it comes to Nasri who was stalling over an extra 20k a week, Man City are reportedly offering him an extra 90k a week taking his salary to an eye watering 180k. Now I don't think I'm alone here when I say that he is not worth that, so best of luck to city with that and once again not letting the squad gel and settle will be their downfall.

As for Clichy I couldn't give two shits where he goes. In earlier posts I said he was past it and I stand by that, he hasn't been at his best for seasons now. As much as it pains me to say it, when we let that money grabbing arsehole Ashley Cole go, we lost the best left back in the world. Clichy stepped in for a while but in recent seasons his touch has gone and I think its time we all went seperate ways. No fee has been mentioned for him but I would assume its between the 5-8m mark.

However there was talk of players moving the other way. Now who exactly would we want from their squad? well in a perfect world I'd like Yaya Toure but we all know that won't happen, no doubt we'll be offered some two bob defender or midfielder such as Kompany. So lets look at it this way is £25m about the right price for Nasri and Clichy? Well yes an no. Yes in the situation we are in where Nasri has a year left on his contract and isn't going to sign a new one and in Clichy's current form he isn't worth much. No in the sense that Nasri is certainly a talent and when Andy Carrol commands £35m then Nasri commands more than £25m on his own. But such is life and football.

Onto what I was actually going to post about. An "Arsenal" source yesterday said that we were going to move in on Gary Cahill, now many people have doubted whether Wenger will pay the £17m that they want including myself. But reports suggest that we will pay his get out clause and then offer them a player, namely bentfoot. Now this may sound stupid but it may have more support than you'd think. They have lost Elmander who has moved to Galatasaray and Bendtner could be his replacement so we shall see what develops.



That's it for now but be sure to check back and I'll keep you updated on the Nasri/Clichy saga and anything else that happens. Remember we follow a club not a player...