Monday 18 June 2012

Fixtures 2012/13

It's that morning again where we all attempt to digest our fixtures for next season. Not that what any of us say is (normally) ever right. This morning Arsenal fans all over twitter have been almost wailing about how we're gonna finish 10th and how everyone is going to leave. Firstly at the end of the day you have to play everybody twice, secondly if we are going to be the club that we all want us to be, we shouldn't fear these fixtures we should look at every game assuming we can win.

I'll give you a little run down of our first 10 games: Sunderland (H), Stoke (A), Liverpool (A), Southampton (H), Manchester City (A), Chelsea (H), West Ham (A), Norwich (A), QPR (H), Manchester United (A). I'll admit on the face of it, it doesn't look great but like I said you have to play everyone, everywhere once. I quite fancied to have Liverpool early on as I think they're gonna be a bit shaky at the start of the season. If we come out of those games with 23/24pts then we'll be laughing. I may be a bit optimistic there but why not?

Other dates to pen into your diaries are November 17th when we play the first North London Derby of the season at home. January 12th and 19th we have Man City at home and then Chelsea away respectively. March 2nd is the reverse of the derby at Shite Hart Lane. Manchester United at home is 27th April and we finish the season off with a tricky trip to Newcastle.

We aren't the only team to have a dodgy run though. Man United have an away game after every CL game including ones against Chelsea and Man City I think (don't hold me to that!).

Please remember that these games will be subject to change for Sky and now bizarrely BT, so game dates and KO times will fluctuate throughout the season. Finally the Carling Cup is now known as the Capital One Cup which looks very cheap in my opinion.

I'm sure there's more transfer ramble to come in the coming weeks, so check back soon.