Tuesday 5 July 2011

Gael Clichy moves to Man City

Apologies for not breaking this last night, I was watching Derren Brown fuck with people's mind's in London, very good show if anyone is thinking about it. Anyway so it was finally confirmed last night after weeks of speculation that Gael Clichy has gone Man City for an undisclosed fee. Those of you have been following will remember that I already stated that I thought he had to go so I'm quite happy to see him go.



But the questions are now being asked as to whether we invest in a new left back or whether we let Gibbs fill in full time. Now I personally don't think, at the moment, Gibbs is ready to fill in full time but the main problem is he is one of the most injury prone players out there, so I think we need to buy a top drawer replacement. That is just my view there are many people that say he needs to be given games and so on. We'll have to see what Wenger does, if anything.

Nasri seems to be on his way, what way exactly is anybodies fucking guess. I can't see him staying now cause obviously if he wanted too he would have signed. But as I've said time and time again about him, if he wants to go because of money then he isn't the sort of player we want at the club. Reports suggest a deal could be done by the end of the week but I can see this being a drawn our, messy situation. The way Nasri has treated everyone at the club has been incredibly disrespectful and should by some chance he stay, I don't think anyone at The Emirates will be as fond of him as we all were.

The latest on Fabregas, well I say the latest on it but its been the same story for the whole of the summer, Barcelona line up bid, deal to be done by the end of the week. Until i see anything concrete I'm not believing anything. Interestingly Cesc was back for pre-season yesterday dispelling the idea that he was gonna boycott pre-season prep. I agree with the Arseblogger on this one, that just isn't the sort of player Cesc is, he does respect the club and deep down he loves Arsenal, as much as a move back to his home land is tempting.



Finally today, I was watching an interview with Kenny Sansom, who I have met and spoke with before and he seems to be thinking if we lose these 3 players (one being Clichy!!) we're basically fucked beyond all belief. Now I do think this is going over the top, a squad is 25 people not 3, admittedly our squad of 25 involves the likes of Denilson but still. Wenger isn't an idiot he knows if they go we need to do business and from what I hear on the grapevine we are already involved in business. So much like last time we spoke I heard Kenny and found myself thinking "Really?"

That's it for now I'll keep you all posted. Enjoy the sun.