Saturday 21 January 2012

Manchester United (H)

Where to start? Well last week we just looked awful. RVP opened the scoring and we were all expecting a few more to follow. But our possession was terrible, for a team that is supposedly well known for its passing ours was well off the mark. We were without Arteta and I've been harsh on him this season, but it really showed how much of an influence he has on our midfield game. Ramsey had another mare of a game, he's a long way off form and I think that may be down to the fact that he's played so many games this season. The full back warnings are all there for everyone to see especially in their 3rd goal, Miquel showed his lack of experience and the ball was played through to Graham who has acres of space.

Henry said after a spat with a fan that we need to support the team and in part I agree with him, but its hard to show support when there is just no passion or desire from the majority of the squad. We went 3-2 down and there was no fight or spirit, yes we have injuries but still. Talking of injuries the full back problem is starting to really worry me and Arsene has said he will "assess the situation" after tomorrow.

Talking of tomorrow, well its one of the games that used to be one of the biggest matches in the PL and I suppose it still is but this season after the Old Trafford incident its really got the feel of a one sided affair. But we have to forget about that and focus on tomorrow. Now the team news that I'm hearing is that Vermaelen who "had a big chance of making it" surprise surprise hasn't made it. Henry is very much on a knife edge and remembering that he technically isn't our player I think its unlikely that he'll be fit. Arteta's problem has also kept him out so I can only assume that we will play the same team as last week. There was talk of a possibility of Rosicky starting ahead of Benayoun but for some reason I can't see that.

Now to United, well they have a longish injury list but the team is still strong as you'd expect. The absence of Young means that Valencia will play on the wing with Nani his opposite. If these two turn up I can see them ripping Miquel and Djourou apart. We just have to hope that they both have off days. United's midfield however, is weak and this is where we need to boss the play tomorrow. I hear news that it's likely to be Giggs, Jones and Carrick. Giggs is old, Jones is a defender and well Carrick is just shit. The back has Ferdinand and Evans in the centre with Smalling and Evra as full backs. Also don't forget Park who always scores against us.

I think if we're going to get anything out of tomorrow we need to boss the midfield and get Van Persie in behind Evans and Ferdinand who have been lacking this season. That said we need our defence to hold out which is a mammoth task against the fire power of Man United. I can't see us doing it, now I really hope the team come out and shut me up but our defence worries me, a lot. If we'd beaten Fulham and Swansea then most of us could take a defeat tomorrow but we didn't the pressure is definitely on. Just so it's not a completely down beaten post I think a few of you might enjoy this:


Till next time COGY!

Prediction: Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United