Thursday 3 January 2013

Potential Outs

Apologies that I haven't been posting much over the festive period I've been incredibly busy. I've missed 2 wins and a disappointing draw with Southampton at the weekend, but I shall be back on Saturday with a preview of out FA Cup game at Swansea.

Now as you're all fully aware the Transfer window is open and tomorrow I'll post about potential signings but today it's potential outbound players.

Johan Djourou

I feel like a broken record on this one, every window that comes round seems to lure interest over Djourou yet he never seems to move on. Now as many of you know I'm not exactly a fan of Djourou but you can't knock his commitment and whenever he gets onto the pitch he does give it his all and he has had some good performances for us. If he does go, I hope he does well.

Sebastian Squillaci

Another international player who arrived from a good club that just never really pulled it together. He was sporadic during his first season but a string of shocking performances have seen him fall further and further down the pecking order. A move seems on the cards, if he can find a club that wants him however.

Marouane Chamakh

His time at the club is over and he'll leave without having much of an impact. As much as nearly every Arsenal fan would like to see him move on, I think we may struggle with this. His wages are on a par with our highest earner and he seems happy to live in London, earn his money and just let his contract run out. There was no doubt he was a risk when we signed him and this one didn't pay off.

I hear stories of a few other players that I have heard mentioned but simply can't see leaving so I've left some out. The defenders are the most likely to be on their way which will leave us short for cover at the back so replacements should be a top priority.

Tomorrow, potentially inbound players.